Sharing's Caring

Thank you to everybody who has shared this blog. Sharing is the way these things work, otherwise I'm justing talking to myself. If you like what you read please tweet, Facebook or email it to your mates. The more people outside our agricultural circle we can reach the better. Don't forget to have a look at the other blogs I'm following too. Everyone has a story to tell.



Thursday 22 June 2017

All Good Things...

   It's been an interesting two years to say the least.

   For those that don't know, I'm no longer involved with Gabyon. Gemma and I separated almost two years ago, and while it's never easy, we remain amicable and I wish nothing but success and happiness for her and her family. We did some great things together, despite droughts, floods, fires and government ineptitude. They are still out at Gabyon and I highly recommend a visit to their Station Stay. Check out their website to see why. It is a beautiful place.

   The other major event is I managed to get a publishing contract with Allen & Unwin. After two years of back and forth, edits and proofs, I am very proud (and a little bit stunned) to announce Ridgeview Station is to be released in stores on the 28th June 2017. It's an amazing feeling to hold a real book in your hand with your own name across the cover. It all started from people reading this very blog and the positive feedback which came from that. The Kickstarter campaign was a success and that allowed me to engage professional advice, leading me to submit it for publishing once more.

   So in short, I want to say thank you to everyone who read this blog. I never expected it to go as far as it did, but all good things must end, as they say. I hope to make something of this new writing venture. There's a second manuscript under consideration and I've began a third. You can follow my website which will take you to a Facebook page, Twitter page and and online store where you can buy a signed copy of Ridgeview Station. Once I get the page up to scratch there will be a new blog, probably mostly about city life from a country boys perspective, as I am now living in Perth. It's a bit different, I'll tell you that right now.

   No matter what happens in the future, I am eternally grateful for the support and goodwill we received from people reading my musings on here. It meant a lot, thank you.






10 comments:

Stringybark said...

Wydjawanna write a book? Why the bloody hell not!
Thank you for dragging us along on your eventful journey.
It's a bit like mustering in hill country. The inevitable ups and downs, leave us a little bit more worn out and a lot more experienced.
I reckon you've got the whole mob first round.
Congratulations and I look forward to tales of your continued success.

Unknown said...

Keep the yarns coming 😊

ps.bhtaxi@gmail.com said...

A very energetic and informative article. I really appreciate this post thank you for sharing these type of posts.

Suraj said...

Nice information on here, I would like to share with you all my experience trying to get a loan to expand my Clothing Business here in Malaysia. It was really hard on my business going down due to my little short time illness then when I got heal I needed a fund to set it up again for me to begin so I came across Mr Benjamin a loan consultant officer at Le_Meridian Funding Service He asked me of my business project and I told him i already owned One and i just needed loan of 200,000.00 USD he gave me form to fill and I did also he asked me of my Valid ID in few days They did the transfer and my loan was granted. I really want to appreciate there effort also try to get this to anyone looking for business loan or other financial issues to Contact Le_Meridian Funding Service On Email: lfdsloans@lemeridianfds.com / lfdsloans@outlook.com He also available on WhatsApp Contact:+1-9893943740.

Saikat Kundu said...

Thank you for sharing the words through a beautiful article
Book GozoCabs for all your outstation cab requirements.

Abhi Sharma said...

In today's time, people are going online to take their business a step further, which is increasing the demand of website developers. If you want to create a dynamic website for your business, click here.

vivikhapnoi said...

Good Post! , it was so good to read and useful to improve my knowledge as an updated one, keep blogging.
mua ve may bay gia re tu duc ve viet nam

Tra ve may bay gia re tu Han Quoc ve Viet Nam

Ve may bay Vietnam Airline tu Nhat Ban ve Viet Nam

Cách săn vé máy bay giá rẻ tu Dai Loan ve Viet Nam

combo du lịch quy nhơn 3 ngày 2 đêm

Btc support said...

Binance gives an exhaustive range of different buying and selling alternatives that range from placing the standard limit orders and stop-loss orders to a darkish pool and margin trading. Just like a number of the other pinnacle cryptocurrency exchanges, there’s proper liquidity present in this currency.
You can dial the Binance Support Phone Number 1-850-424-1333 for more information on the change.

Chajju Taxi said...

Very good information....

Vaidehi Garg said...

Hey, Your blog is very informative. It is nice to read such high-quality content. Attractive information on your blog, thank you for taking the time and share with us. Thanks https://www.astrolika.com/zodiac-signs/taurus-zodiac-sign.html